Monday, March 13, 2006

My Best Friend’s Wedding

The sun shone brightly in blue skies as my Holly got married near the water where we grew up, surrounded by our friends and family. It was the most beautiful day and I was so proud to stand along side her and loved the look on her husband’s face as she appeared from the boat sheds in her red wedding dress, a secret we’d managed to keep for over a year from everyone except our closest girlfriends and her mum.

As mine and Holly's friendship was founded on chocolate, cemented with chocolate chip cookies and extended with Cadbury’s. Lindt and late night chocolate pudding, it was only fitting that her wedding cake be chocolate, the bombonerries be chocolate hearts and for there also to be mini chocolate icecreams served from swinging baskets carried by the serving girls. Though we now live half a world away from each other, my beautiful best friend and I still share chocolate recipes and stories. Only now we just can’t make them in the same kitchen. Occasionally she’ll tease me in an email about some amazing chocolate recipe she’s just tried. Lucky for the newsletter readers when she types them up and passes them on to me.

No comments: