Tuesday, January 30, 2007

chocolate intensity

After several days of not having real chocolate (the closest I have had was the raw cacao I mentioned last week), I went along to a corporate tasting with Seventypercent last night. As one of the team I needed to try all the chocolate as the guests were (obviously!); oh, all right, I was desperate to eat good chocolate. I think, though, that my tolerance levels went down during my abstinence. I don't think I tried more than two pieces of each of the ten delights we were sampling, which normally is easily done, yet somehow the chocolate high was totally overwhelming. In a delicious, delirious way, of course. It's 3.50pm and I haven't felt l'chocolat calling me back yet. Which is lucky because I deliberately left it all at home. I am getting very keen to try out some new recipes soon though. I imagine I will have no shortage of guinea pigs. Steve and Martin mentioned they sell Chuao and other great brands by the kilo. Hmmm... I think it's time to go shopping!

No comments: