Thursday, September 07, 2006

a bought chocolate birthday dessert

I cooked a delayed birthday dinner for my brother last night. I had planned to take him out but when he called to let me know he would be late and I asked him where he would like to go, he said he would be happy for me just to cook. Hmm. I guess that means I can cook alright. I spent quite a while in Tesco deciding what we should have and settled on Salmon with soy, garlic and ginger with stirfried boychoy, mange tout (snowpeas) and mushrooms, and baby new potatoes. I offered to cook him any dessert he wished, and he choose a ready-made pudding that I brought home a few weeks ago. A worthy choice I must say. For a pre-prepared pudding to meet my standards it firstly must be made with all normal – non-chemical sounding – ingredients, and
Then must also taste good too. The sticky chocolate pudding made by something-or-other farms (I'll find out!) Farms is fantastic. It tastes like my mother could have made it – and only 20 minutes in the oven. Now I am the favourite sister (ok, I am the only sister so I can say this with some certainty at least!) .

No comments: