Thursday, April 12, 2007

a chocolate expert

I was asked to be a Chocolate expert at Damien Senn’s Web Wednesdays evening for internet entrepreneurs last night. Damien is a good friend and I went along to the first one of these he held eighteen months ago, and a couple since. It was an Easter after-party and he promised there would be chocolate bunnies. Thinking it was unlikely to be good chocolate I decided to stop at La Maison du Chocolat to finally sample their Salted Caramel Macaron. Very subtly salty, almost negligible, but very, very good. The large size was just perfect to satisfy the cravings I’d had for good chocolate all day.

I arrived at the trendy bar in Piccadilly and finally encountered the right pocket where the early arrivers were hiding. I was presented with an enormous platter of brightly wrapped eggs. I declined. Only later did I discover they were actually made by Lindt and conceded to top up my chocolate reserves. They were milk and so I stopped after just one and then eyed off the Lindt bunnies that were decoratively arranged on every other table in the room. I decided not to knock off the innocent rabbits. The macaron was enough for the one day. I met loads of wonderful people and though I can’t make next month’s because I have a fabulous dinner party to attend, I’m looking forward to going again.

No comments: