Thursday, May 10, 2007

Booja booja chocolate truffles

Last night we were treated to one of the nicest meals at someone’s home I have had in a long time. I love being friends with people who are equally passionate about food. Our dear friends have superb taste and recognise that the quality of ingredients make the meal. We were treated to taromasalata from Fishworks, bread from Pouillaine, wild, line-caught sea bass, baked in kilos of salt, the most tender and delicious fish I have possibly ever eaten. Delicious salads and creamy mash as sides, all perfectly prepared. To end our feast our host brought out a box of Booja booja truffles. The hazelnut crunch variety. They had told me about them before and they were as good as their preamble. Incredible to believe they are vegan. This box has been resting near the plate warming drawer and so the middles were deliciously runny. I will definitely be seeking out all of the other varieties to sample now.



No comments: